Saturday, April 11, 2009

Lucky Number 7

Dew has looked forward to this day for months. Today he turned 7.
Seven years ago, Ro and I couldn't wait until this little bundle of joy would arrive. The night before he was born, we were up the entire night too excited to sleep and filled with a million emotions. We arrived at the hospital at 6:00 am ready to be induced.....both of us thinking that by noon we would have a baby in our arms. Well, noon came....and noon went. Induction is such a long process....of which I am extremely thankful for epidurals....made the process a breeze. By 6:00 pm there was still no baby, no contractions....nothing....but I was starving!!!!!! Finally, about 10 pm things started happening and this bundle of joy arrived at exactly 1:00 am. I couldn't take my eyes or my hands off of him....he was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. For the second night in a row, I stayed up all night and just took him all in. So thankful that he was healthy and absolutely perfect!

Now seven years later, I look at him wondering where the time has gone, wondering why he is in such a hurry to grow up, and completely and totally amazed that something so perfect came from me.

We had a small party to celebrate his big day. He wanted to wear his shirt with the ruby buttons...and if you look close...you may be able to see those little gems.We broke protocol and let him open presents first.

Then we had a special appearance from the Spy Kids. You didn't know we had those kind of connections, did you? But be careful in who you tell. These two were on a top secret mission......oo7 kind of stuff.
And this little one saw a spider in our house. This is her "I saw a spider" face. Don't worry....we called the exterminator and we are now pest free. I am so grateful she discovered that little critter.......as I HATE spiders myself.


Dew, I hope you had a wonderful birthday and wish you have a year full of many blessings.
Love you-
Mom
P.S. Thank you to all who came to help Dew celebrate.....and thanks for humoring my feeble attempt at throwing together a party......at none other than the last minute. (You know I wouldn't be me if I didn't wait until the last minute.....it's my biggest flaw!)

No comments:

Post a Comment