Friday, February 26, 2010

Writer's Block

It's not that anything exciting has been going on in our life.  I am just experiencing a horrible case of "Writer's Block".......not that I am a writer in any sense of the word. 

Did you know out of all the subjects I teach......I absolutely HATE ( I know.....hate is such a strong word), HATE to teach writing?

I have planted myself in front of my computer numerous times....and have several drafts to prove it....the words just aren't flowing from my brain to my finger tips as the usually do.....therefore not producing anything I consider "post-worthy".

Could it be that I am just plain tired????

Let's see my husband was out of town for 4 days.  That same week I had Parent/Teacher Conferences which make for extremely long days......... My day starts at 5 am---daily, and I don't get home until 8 pm on conference days.  Thank goodness for moms!  I wouldn't have made it through that week without her help.  Mom, you're the BEST!  Have I told you that lately????

Most nights, I average 3-4 hours of sleep.  Three out of my four kids wake up during the night.  I swear they have it all planned out.  They wait until that exact moment I fall into that deep, heavenly sleep.  #1 wakes up.  Then just as I fall back into that deep, heavenly sleep.....#3 wakes up.  And finally #4 wakes.......usually within 30 minutes of when my alarm is to go off!!!!  She's lucky she's cute, and that she's my daughter and that I love her more than anything on Earth....otherwise I may not be as forgiving!  The only one that sleeps peacefully throughout the night is #2.  Thank you for that, Chi-Chi!  You don't know how much that little gift means to your mama!

Have I mentioned that I love to sleep?  I long to sleep.  Right now it is what I desire the most in life.  One day it will happen, then I will long for the time when I had little one to wake me in the middle of the night. Isn't that the way it goes???  You want what you don't have and then when you have it....you don't want it. 

Could it be that life at our house is rather hectic?

I know everyone everywhere is busy.  Maybe if I were an organized person......a planner.....a little more OCD.....more of a control freak things would be different.  But anyone who knows me, knows that's not how I roll.  ( I do every once in a while have those organized moments....albeit they are very brief and few and far between.  And when they happen I AMAZE those around me that I actually got something done.) However....I am prompt...even with four kids to get ready and load into the car....I am always on time.  And that's a feat in itself!

It's not like I don't get anything accomplished.....I hit the floor running when my alarm blares at
5 am and I don't stop, most days until 11 pm.......(which easily ties into that whole tired thing I mentioned earlier and explains my rumpled appearance most days).  I just pick what is the most important and focus on that.

So....for now I am going to stick with my original excuse.....good ol' fashioned writer's block.  'Cause I don't foresee the tired and unorganized aspect of my life changing anytime soon!

Thanks for sticking with me!  Maybe this weekend I'll get some much needed rest and be back with a story sometime next week.

Much love from one frazzled and weary traveler through life..........
S

No comments:

Post a Comment