Sunday, January 17, 2010

Winter

As I sloshed my way from my parents house, in the country, to the highway....(so happy that I have 4-wheel drive)....I am so thankful that I live in the part of the country that I do.

Even with all the snow, the mud, and the muck....I love it.

Yes, four months out of the year are devoted to winter. And right now we are in the middle of one of the snowiest winters we have had in 10 years. Yes, it does get bitterly cold, and those who know me, know that I am not a cold weather person. But in the end I wouldn't trade one cold, snowy day for ANYTHING!

If I didn't live where I do.....I wouldn't wake up to this....

Or this......
For the last three days we have been living in a fog.....literally. And it has been cold enough for it to be a "freezing fog" so it clings to everything. Absolutely beautiful!


I think this winter will go down in history as Dew and Chi-Chi's favorite winter.
They have played in this wonderland almost everyday. Those faint lines are the screen. I took this picture from the warmth of my living room. Did I mention that I am NOT a cold weather person????

And if I didn't live where I do I couldn't do this:

Before.........
After.......



Before......

After....In just a few short months we have this to look forward to.....but for now I am enjoying the place where I am at.

Hope you are all enjoying the beauty of winter.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment