Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What I don't like about living in the city.

Tuesday is trash day.  It is really important that we make sure we haul our trash bin to the end of the driveway every Tuesday.....a family of 6 creates a whole "lotta" trash!

Yesterday, like many, I had the day off so today seems like Monday.  I will be "off" a day all week...the only pleasantness, if that is a word, in that is that Friday will come early for me.  When we have a long weekend, either I, or my husband, forget that it is really Tuesday/Trash Day.

Not the case for today.  The bin made it to the end of the drive way...thanks to my husband, but before we left, I found some additional items that needed to be put out.  I took one step out of the garage, and no I didn't fall!!!!  I literally slid to the end of the drive way.

Here's the problem.  Our drive way has a slight incline, and I couldn't walk back up the stupid thing!  I made it about half way.....then promptly slid back down.

Two things I didn't like about this.  1)  I was already late for work.  2)  I just knew the neighbors were having a good laugh at my inability to walk back up my very own drive way......normally a task one doesn't think about.

After about 10 minutes, I did make back to the garage but not before falling in the snow.   I have never appreciated non skid surfaces more than I did at that moment.

What I don't like about living in the city is that you can't make a fool out of yourself, out in plain sight and in your drive way,  without everyone on your street seeing you!!!!  (You know every neighborhood has it's very own Mrs. Kravitz.)

Thanks for letting me share my embarrassing moment of the day!
S

No comments:

Post a Comment