Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shocked

Life has a way of moving....and moving rather quickly at that.  I started this blog about a year ago.  I had just had baby number four.  My mother-in-law came up to the frigid North from the warm South to take care of Q-T when I went back to work.  One night I was dinkin' around on the computer and thought, "I think I 'll start a blog." 

My mother-in-law was watching me from across the room, asked me what I was doing, so I filled her in.  I had to explain what a blog was..but she got the idea.  She asked me, "Well, what are you going to blog about?"

I consider myself one of the lucky ones and think I have an amazing mother-in-law and we get along extremely well.

I looked at her and replied, rather dryly, "My crazy mother-in-law who has come to spend two months with us!"  Luckily, I can joke around with her like that and she knows I'm joking. 

I blogged and I blogged and I blogged.  I love blogging.  I love looking at everything as if it is a story to tell.

My last blog was dated in August 2009....then school started (I am a teacher...and I have four kids....so things get a little busy around here) and just couldn't seem to find the time to chronicle my stories anymore. 

Even though I don't make resolutions...I never keep them so why set myself up for failure...I told myself that I was going to get back my blog this year.

Here was the shocking part.....at least to me.  When my hiatus started in August, I had about 500 hits.  Sunday, I logged back on, and saw that I have had over 11,000+ hits in four months!!!!  Not only that, but I have/had three followers. (Not sure if they are still following me.  Kind of hard to follow someone who hadn't been blogging.  If you have kept the faith in me these past four months and are still a follower, please say "hi"....if you just stumbled upon this, "Welcome and hope you come back!")

My stories aren't that great.  Not sure why I do it other than for the mere fact that I simply enjoy it.  It's my ME time.  Didn't think anyone was reading this other than my very own mother.....and I beg her to read it.  (Thanks Mom!  You're the best!)  You can always count on your parents for their support.....or maybe she's just humoring me???????  Hmmm!

Well, it's a "school night" and I have stayed up way past my bed time.......so good night all.  Thanks for letting me step into your life,  and thanks for stepping into mine.

Ya'll come back soon now, ya hear!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment