Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dear Dew....

April 2010

Dear Dew,

You have just celebrated your 8th birthday!  I can’t believe how fast this time with you has gone.  One day, when you have your own children, you will understand why I always want to slow down time or turn the clock back to when you were small and I could hold you in my arms. 

Dew, God answered my prayers when he gave you to me. I love when your birthday rolls around each year.  I love remembering the night before you were born.  Daddy and I were so excited for your arrival we couldn’t sleep a wink.  For in a few short hours we would have you to complete us.

 I love remembering the first few moments after you were born and your first night on this Earth.  You were absolutely the most beautiful baby I had ever seen and my heart instantly swelled with more love than I had ever felt for anyone.  I stayed awake all night long just admiring this perfect little being that lay sleeping in my arms.   Thanking God that he had given me a child that was healthy, perfect, and wonderful.

You didn’t stay little long.  From the minute you were born, you have been in such a hurry to grow up!  Early to talk. Early to walk.  You went from a baby to a boy overnight.

Never underestimate how much a mother loves her child. I love you with all of my heart and all of my being!  I fell in love with you from the moment I found out about you.

Always be kind and understanding to others. (Yes, this includes your brother and sisters. Especially them…as you are family and will always have one another.)   Make an effort to see things from the other person’s point of view.  I want you to grow up to be a responsible and helpful person.  To be someone others can count on, go to for help, and rely on. 
Always be the best person you can be!

Dew, you are a good person and you are so very smart.  I know you can do these things that I ask of you and know that I am with you every step of the way.

You are always with me.  Always in my heart and I am always in yours! 

I love you to the moon and back......times infinity!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment